Case Study 4 – Large US Biotech Client
• Client outsourced all of their chemistry. Having completed a 16 week development project and transferred to a manufacturing partner, Celtic Catalysts delivered the following improvements:
• Reduced the number of manufacturing steps from 9 to 7
• Increased the overall yield by 30%
• Reduced the reaction pressure of the key chiral manufacturing step – enabling the manufacture to be carried out by a much larger number of contract manufacturers
• Reduced the reaction time of the key chiral manufacturing step
• Eliminated difficult tedious purification procedure.
• The process developed by Celtic Catalysts is now being implemented in the manufacture of the drug which has since been brought to market and the improvements made by Celtic Catalysts will save the client many $millions in cost of manufacture over the lifetime of the drug